This position is responsible for inspecting, calibrating, testing, and repairing medical equipment. The technician is a fulltime employee of Bio-Electronics and will be the primary account representative serving accounts across south-central/south-eastern Nebraska, western Iowa, and northern Kansas. This position is based out of Lincoln, NE. Experience and state certification in radiology specialty equipment is a plus.
(The successful candidate will demonstrate experience and abilities as follows):
- This BMET works under general supervision to independently perform a variety of journey-level work including coordinating all aspects of medical equipment scheduled maintenance, inspection, safety testing, repairs, parts sourcing and new equipment installations
- Accurately documents all equipment maintenance activities in the company CMMS database platform, and closely communicates with the clinical departments at each delay, repair milestone, or completion
- Research and order parts to perform repairs and maintenance
- Provides technical in-service and support to Facility staff in proper operation of patient care equipment
- Utilizes knowledge of manufacturers’ manuals to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve system equipment malfunctions to repair and calibrate in accordance with technical requirements
- Maintains test calibration equipment
- Maintains an excellent rapport with fellow co-workers, hospital and clinic facility staff, and vendors
- Complies with all established company policies and procedures, modeled to meet The Joint Commission, DNV, and CMS regulatory compliance standards to ensure patient safety
- Assists hospital and clinical facilities with equipment consultation for capital budgeting as requested
- Acts in other capacities as directed by the Senior Director of Operations or Regional Service Manager (RSM)
- Participates in a rotating regional on-call schedule
- Complies and adheres to all company policies and procedures
- High School Diploma, or GED required
- Associates Degree in Biomedical Instrumentation, Electronics, or related field required
- CBET credential preferred
Bio-Electronics is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Nebraska Hospital Association (NHA), providing medical equipment service to hospitals and health care facilities in Nebraska, Wyoming, Kansas, Colorado, South Dakota, and Iowa. Our staff of highly qualified technicians service nearly 300 hospitals and clinics each year.
Since 1976, Bio-Electronics has been a leader in its field by meeting the demand for expert yet cost-effective maintenance services for advanced medical equipment. Bio-Electronics provides preventative maintenance, repair, and equipment management of medical equipment to health care facilities.
By joining Bio-Electronics, you become one of a spirited and dynamic team that is driven to succeed. Bio-Electronics offers an outstanding salary and benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance; life, short and long-term disability; vacation, sick and personal leave, and paid holidays; health spending accounts; and a 401 (k) Salary Deferral plan with employer match and contributions and pension plan. The position also receives a fitness center reimbursement, educational assistance for continuing education.
Commensurate with experience.
- Physical Requirements: Walking, standing, and sitting for prolonged periods. Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds. Frequent long hours and high energy required. Must have or obtain a valid driver’s license in the state of Nebraska.
- Working Conditions: Primarily works in a well-lighted, well-ventilated, tobacco-free environment. Travel by car and/or public transportation, with the possibility of extended stays to service regional assigned accounts.
Position reports to: Regional Service Manager, Senior Director of Operations, Senior VP of Subsidiaries